Today is my Mom & Dad's 38th Wedding Anniversary. It all started back in July of 1970. They met in July, were engaged in September, and married in November. (That's how normal couples do it.... Nick!)
These are two of my favorite pictures.

I like hearing the stories about when they were dating and first married. All their trailer stories with the frogs and mice are great!
I never really knew just how much my parents loved each other, especially my dad until this past year and a half. All along I thought they just "tolerated" each other. I don't say that in a mean or rude way, they just seemed to go about life, raising kids, working, and just being "Mom and Dad". Seeing my dad at the hospital with my mom made me realize just how much they do care about each other. Most of you have heard about my mom's "experience" at the hospital, 2 surgery's ago. Well, as soon as she came to, they rushed her up to the ICU floor and none of us had a chance to see or talk to her. We saw her from the hallway with about 30 people in front of us. I knew they wouldn't let any of us go with her so me and my sisters didn't try going. We were still pretty much in shock. When they were about to the end of the hall with her my dad took off running after her. I told him they wouldn't let him go but went anyways. Him running down the hall after her was one of the saddest things I have ever seen.
Anyone who knows my dad knows that he does not show emotion AT. ALL.
One of the few good things to come from all this crappy cancer stuff is I know that they are happy and they do indeed love and care about each other!
Enough of that...
Here they are 30 some odd years later.
Here they are 30 some odd years later. I hope you guys have many, many more too come!
I love you Mom & Dad.





2 comments:
That's a wonderful tribute to your parents Monica. Congratulations Linda and Allen.
Hey I know those funny people! It's my MOM & DAD!!! What a cute page and nice story, I hope they have MANY MANY MANY MANY more happy years together with no more scary and sad hospital stories! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY YOU 2!! Kristine
Post a Comment