So, I was recently informed by a good friend of mine that I'm a "tight A$$". The whole coupon thing is kind of interesting to me. Most people think it is "cool" to get free or dirt cheap stuff but apparently I should be embarrassed. Most cashiers even comment how "awesome coupons are" and most ask where I get them. My sister even had a cashier ask her if she was in a "coupon club". How funny is that! I have been thinking about this for the last couple of days and it really bugs me. I did not ask their opinion, ask THEM to use a coupon or even heaven forbid, use a coupon while in their presence. I don't feel that I should be embarrassed after all, isn't that why manufacturers send out coupons?? I do end up with more items then I could possibly ever use but that is why I share with my family, friends, neighbors and even my boss. When I get a big enough stock pile I plan to donate most to my local women's shelter. So I am curious about your opinion. Do you use coupons, are you embarrassed to use coupons, should I be embarrassed, are coupons only for the "tight ass" people of the world? Anyways, this is my rant for the day so I will end it here while I go gather up this weeks coupons! ;)
5 years ago





6 comments:
I think you are awesome for using coupons. i wish I could find more of them. Don't be a bit embarassed about it.
I love the whole coupon thing. I am the Queen of tight ass so I don't mind. You could even use a coupon when we go shoping. I think its great. With 5 kids on only one income you have to be a tight ass, so keep cutting those coupons.
I consider Coupons to be Free Money:)
I used to work with this lady that felt embarassed using coupons. Her husband ran an inn in Alamosa and he always got tons of coupons to places like Olive Garden. She would always bring them to us because she would never be caught dead using them. I, however, had no problem using them or taking them from her! Nothing better than a free meal when I would go shopping to Springs or somewhere. I agree that coupons are free money :)
Kee says: Coupons are cool!!!! So is all the free or really cheap items you get! The only thing I find embarrasing is the HUGE folder I have to use to keep them all at my finger tips for that really COOL unannounced deal!
Do NOT feel embarrased by it. I would use more coupons - IF I had the brain to do so. Don't be ashamed of getting good deals. You're the smart one. One day when these "friends" NEED the extra $$ they're going to wish they listened to you. Keep it up!
PS I'm Nancy's cousin who lives in Orem. Sorry for blog snooping or whatever it's called.
Post a Comment